"You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me." Psalm 139:5
The Adventures of our family - told through the eyes of Ruthie, the wife and mommy.

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Slings

Let's talk slings... Do you even know what I'm talking about??? :) Here's a couple of pictures (that I adore by the way), to show the particular sling I own, in action...



Aunt Ruthie and Cora


Daddy and Riley


If I ever buy another one, I am quite sure I'll pick a different brand, because all though I love the concept of a sling, I don't totally love the one I commited to. It's got a lot of padding and it is really just too bulky and difficult to adjust. But, even with this particular, sub par (in my opinion) sling, I have become a lover of "the sling!" I actually can't wait to have another baby, just so I have a really good excuse to buy another one!!! :)


The sling allows you to cuddle close with your baby (or your sister's baby, whatever the case may be) and be a lot more hands free than simply holding them. I've used it on walks, in the grocery store, while doing chores around the house, and simply to calm a fussy baby. Being so snuggled close to Mama (or Auntie :) ), can really do wonders for a baby who needs some extra loving during fussy times.


If you are a Mama, I encourage you to try one! As you can see, they work great from newborn on up! Riley can still fall asleep in the sling really comfortably, and I can also adjust it so he's sitting more on my hip, nicely supported. I believe you can also wear your baby on your back with one. They are very versatile - and Dad's can wear them too! A sling would make a great shower gift as well.


Okay, so honestly, though I've had fun sharing my thoughts on slings, I really just wrote all of that so I'd have a good excuse to post those pictures. :)

Have a great Sunday!

Ruthie :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ruthie -

When you have your next baby, I'll get you a carrier from Suzanne's mom. She makes them by hand and I LOVE mine. I got mine when Eli was 5 months and Eli still loves to be put to sleep in it. If you google "mai tai" you'll find something similar.

Love ya!

Rachel