"You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me." Psalm 139:5
The Adventures of our family - told through the eyes of Ruthie, the wife and mommy.

Thursday, July 23, 2009

10 things

you may or may not know about me...


1. I spent an entire summer during college in Estes Park, Colorado. I was taking part in a Christian leadership program. Everyone who was a part of this program lived in the staff dorms on the grounds of the YMCA of the Rockies and worked full-time for the Y. Here we are, goofing around at the laundry mat. On my left is my dear friend I've known since 7th grade, Danielle, and on my right was a new friend I made that summer, Jessie.


My job was working in food service. Funny enough (b/c now I HATE doing dishes), my favorite assignment was working in the dishroom due to all the fun we would have!



2. Christmas break of my senior year of college, I got to spend almost three weeks in Cameroon, Africa, with my sister, who was there for two years as a missionary.



3. I am absolutely terrified of snakes. Like, unreasonably so; phobia-esque if you will.


4. I spent most of my first 11 years of life living places other than the US of A. At six weeks I lived in Switzerland. At six months I lived in Quebec, Cananda, and from 2 to 10 1/2 I lived in the DRC (than, Zaire), Africa. I still feel most comfortable in foreign countries and around folks from other countries. I saw snakes frequently growing up. I wasn't really afraid of them then. I even encountered a green mamba (absolutely deadly snake) in strike postion. I had the sense to get out of there, but not too afraid. Now though... when I never see snakes, and if I did they probably couldn't hurt me if they tried... PETRIFIED!


5. My daughter is obsessed with snakes. Go figure.


6. I am an RN, though my license is probably not valid for much anymore. I didn't really like being an RN. Though, I do miss parts of it.


7. I am at this weird stage in life where most things my daughter does remind me of myself as a kid and at the same time I'm becoming more and more like my mother!


8. My husband is a man of honor and I am still amazed at qualities he has that I find I need in my husband that I never knew I needed prior to getting married. God is good like that!


9. I want lots of children. And I really want some of them to be adopted.


10. I hate being hot and I hate being cold. I'm rather a baby about it too. I prefer to be... comfortable. Ha! :)

What is something I might not know about you?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like that blog, though I knew all of those things! :) And, I have to laugh at how much Soph is like you and you are like Mom! :) Oh, this is Jeni, I am, for some reason, under David's log in and am too lazy to change.

God, My Savior Forever! said...

Wow...so you sound to be a mix of many cultures maybe not by birth but with the many international experiences you have..how cool! I also liek to travel, I was born and partly raised in Costa Rica and then moved to Orlando, Florida at age 9. God married in 2004 and have lived in 3 states since then..army wife! We might get to move to either Germany or Italy for 3 yrs! If you ever get the chance to travel again you ought to consider going to Costa Rica..it's beautiful!!!!

I am not too crazy about snakes either..my hubby is terrified of them and he'll admit it lol.

GREAT POST!

Anonymous said...

This was a really good blog! I don't like snakes and your great-grandmother(grandma Russell's mom) hated snakes too!

When I was a little girl I wanted to teach Native American children in Arizona or go to Hawaii and teach!:)
love,
mom