"You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me." Psalm 139:5
The Adventures of our family - told through the eyes of Ruthie, the wife and mommy.

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

2nd Annual Kids' Day

Last summer, Jamie and I started a family tradition called Kids' Day. You can read all about how it got started, HERE. Well, yesterday was our second go at this tradition and we had a lot of fun! We happened to be at my Mom and Dad's Sunday night, so the fun started there Monday morning.

I took tons of pictures and tried to refrain from posting too many, but I'm not sure I succeeded! Sophia got a few little gifts and got to have a "fancy" breakfast while watching a video! Dreams coming true folks, dreams coming true. :)

After we were all ready for the day we headed up to Cleveland to the Great Lakes Science Center. We were there for about four hours and had a really fabulous time. Sophia, and Riley for that matter, really enjoyed playing with all the exhibits, especially the "Polymer Playroom," designed espeically for kids 7 and under. We even watch an IMAX film, which was incredible.

We were going to head to a beach to swim after the Science Center, but upon arriving I didn't feel really comfortable with the surroundings, so we left. We just headed home and Sophia actually got to make it to ballet class. We tried to make up for missing the beach with going to the library and having a movie night before bed. She seemed to enjoy all of that!

A great day overall. I'm tired so I'm not captioning pictures tonight. I'll let them speak for themselves! :)






















































4 comments:

Jeni said...

Oooooo!!!! I just love my niece and nephew!!!!! *squeeze* Give them hugs and kisses from Aunt Jeni, please! :) I miss them so much!!!!!! Looks like you guys had a fantabulous day! I think this is something David and I will have to do! Such a great idea!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you all got to do this. The kids had so much fun and Sophia will be asking questions about different things she saw for a long time.
We love you all so much.
love,
mom

Anonymous said...

I can't believe Riley is already surfing. That must be some kinda record

Anonymous said...

Those are some wonderful pictures!! It's so hard for me to believe that Riley is already standing by himself!
They grow up so fast! Tell Soph I said hi! :)

Abby