"You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me." Psalm 139:5
The Adventures of our family - told through the eyes of Ruthie, the wife and mommy.

Friday, October 09, 2009

4 year old insight

My Mom has been wanting to take me shopping for a long time now. Today was the day, and the goal was some new maternity clothes. Though I've been pregnant in winter before, I've never needed maternity clothes, but during the warm months. So... since all my maternity wearing days will be during the cold months this time around, I needed some new clothes! My Mom spoiled me and it feels good to know I don't either have to wear too tight-around-the waist pants, or sweats each day. Thank you Mom!

Tomorrow is the homecoming game for our local University. Awhile back we invited our parents to join us for the game. My parents are coming down, and hopefully Jamie's Dad will be joining us too (his Mom had a previous commitment). Well... since Mom and Dad will be coming our way tomorrow, they graciously agreed to keep the kids for the night.

So... after shopping, I kissed my babies good-bye and headed home to my hubby. We are looking forward to some movie watching and to getting some work done without the kiddos around.

Before I say good-bye, I will leave you with some 4 year-old insight from earlier today. We were headed back to my Mom's from the mall and my Mom told Sophia she would probably get to have a "movie rest" today. Sophia then went on to explain that, "Grammy, when I watch a lot of movies I get a lot of discipline because I get angry." Ahhh... how true. Interesting how she's put that all together. Too much of anything is never a good thing, right?


2 comments:

Jeni said...

Well, at least she's clear on WHY she gets disciplined! :)

Anonymous said...

I had fun yesterday! The kids have been great!
love,
mom