Yesterday was one of my routine check-ups with my midwife. It was a family affair and all was well until the nurse dared take my blood pressure! At the point of the velcro cuff getting removed, Riley started crying hysterically. This continued on and off for the rest of the appointment. Every time the paper that covers the exam table would crinkle, or I would be slightly out of sight, Riley would just cry and cry. Nothing would console him either, except to leave the room - which Jamie didn't want to do, because he wanted to hear the baby's heartbeat.
When Julie (my midwife) had me lay back so she could check for the baby's heart beat he became a hysterical mess and was screaming so loudly Jamie had to leave the room. As soon as Jamie opened the door though he seemed content and calmed down, and Jamie got to hear the heartbeat- which, by the way, Sophia got to find with the help of Julie! That was fun for her.
The best we can figure is Riley was either scared that he was next, or was afraid I was getting hurt. Poor kid. It was kind of funny though too. :)
Is it bad to find humor out of your child's hysterics??
At any rate, I am about 14 1/2 weeks along now and the baby's heart beat sounded nice and strong. I got to schedule my next appointment for November 4, which will include the ultrasound where we'll get to see that the baby is nice and healthy and growing, and .... the gender!!!
Have a great weekend!
3 comments:
I don't think it's terrible. I laugh at Hannah's hysterics all the time. Sometimes, that's all you can do! I'm glad your pregnancy is going well!
Oh dear...
I love our little guy! So happy our next baby is doing great!
love,
mom
Post a Comment