"You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me." Psalm 139:5
The Adventures of our family - told through the eyes of Ruthie, the wife and mommy.

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Fall Football

This Saturday was our local University's Homecoming weekend, including their Homecoming football game. This is the first season, EVER, that our University has had it's own field and stadium. Until now, they have shared the local high school's football stadium - definitely not ideal! The new stadium is beautiful and after a lot of dreary, rainy days, the weather was perfect! Sunny, crisp and cool. Perfect weather for jeans and a hoodie, which is perfect football viewing attire, right!?

The stadium was packed and our team played great and won the game. We stayed just into the fourth quarter, at which point we left due to a very tired baby boy! One of the best parts of the day was the pre-game festivities for students and alum (of which Jamie is). There was popcorn, cotton candy, pizza, face-painting, bounce houses, music, etc! And the best part - it was all free!!! Sophia got to have fun playing prior to the game.

I have always loathed watching sports on television, save for the Olympics. For me to really enjoy a sporting event, I want to have some actual connection to the team and I'd prefer to be there in person. So, I really did actually enjoy myself! :)


Soph had fun getting her face painted, receiving a balloon animal and eating cotton candy for the first time!


We got to sit in the front row, so the kids had fun going right up to the guardrail to watch all the goings on down below.


Sophia met a dog, and befriended the owner (with our supervision and approval, of course!). Guess what the dogs name was? Sophia!!!


My Mom and Dad joined us for the game, which was great fun.


Jamie and the kiddos watching the field.


Do you like football in the fall?

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Absolutely! I'm headed to the Horseshoe in Columbus on November 14 to watch my beloved OSU Buckeyes play the Iowa Hawkeyes. I know what you mean about great football weather - hoodies and jeans and gloves will be the essential gear. I'm glad you had a good time at the game.

Anonymous said...

Football is great! We had such a great time, too!
love,
mom

Jeni said...

Looks like a good time was had by all, including the dog! :)