Apparently Baby Girl is about 3/4 lb. and the length of a carrot (10 1/2 in.)! I can't believe I'm half-way to D-day. The last couple weeks have been really wonderful, pregnancy-wise. My "morning" sickness is a thing of the past and the heartburn and acid reflux hasn't kicked in too bad yet. I feel motivated and energetic to get things done, and I'm still pretty comfortable since I'm not huge yet. I got to buy some new - much needed - maternity tops with some birthday money, so that always makes a girl feel better! :)
I'm loving the random kisses Sophia gives to my belly, and how she's frequently drawing pictures or making some sort of artwork for the new baby. She was "painting" on Jamie's iPod yesterday while in the car, and started crying because she'd accidentally erased the picture and it was for the baby. Her tender spirit carries me through those moments when she's being a spit fire! :) She is still learning Chinese, and is doing really well! She has such a great memory. She's really starting to read too. She's constantly sounding out words and asking us what such-and-such spells. She also had quite a knack for doing simple math problems (always self-initiated) in her head. Art has got to be her favorite though. For a girl who is always on the go and sometimes has a hard time focusing on a single task, if you give her a hands- on art project, she will sit and focus for a long time! She is SO creative.
Riley boy is so adorable and funny. At home he is a busy, giggly mess. When we're out in public he is the most stoic little guy! One has to work very hard to get a smile from him and if he lets you hold him, believe me, you are privileged! He's definitely a Mama's and Daddy's boy. If he wants me, he will do all he can to get to me. Thankfully, he loves to have Jamie hold him too, so if Jamie's available I might get to use the bathroom without an audience! :) Riley is a very focused little boy. He loves to figure out how things go together and work. His favorite thing the past day or so has been dumping rocks in and out of his little dump truck. He also LOVES to dance! He's stingy with kisses but can give a fierce hug! Now that we've been watching his diet very closely for a few weeks, his milk allergy symptoms have cleared up a ton! I'm not sure we're totally there... but it is SO much better than before. He loves to eat and is determined to feel himself. I'm not sure we're capable of creating children who don't want to be independent from the get-go!
2 comments:
Ruthie, this was so much fun to read! I am so thankful for all of you!
Can't wait for baby girl to come!
love,
mom
Hi Ruthie! My name is Susan and it's a pleasure to read your blog! I couldn't help but notice that you are 21 wks pregnant?!?! SO AM I!!! We are due April 4, 2010! We are expecting our miracle baby..baby Karina Rocio. I say miracle because we tried to conceive for 3 yrs and were faced with many obstacles to conceive. But we always knew God had a miracle baby in store for us! It's neat because I don't know anyone else on her 21st wk of pregnancy...I feel exactly how you feel..except I get alot of body pain....do you?
You have a beautiful family btw!
Hugs,
Susan
P.S. Congratulations on your beautiful pregnant belly!
Post a Comment