"You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me." Psalm 139:5
The Adventures of our family - told through the eyes of Ruthie, the wife and mommy.

Tuesday, November 03, 2009

"BOO!" - A Series, Part IV

Last Thursday, our city did their annual Trick or Treat. We had a lot of fun preparing Soph's costume this year and preparing to go out and see all of our neighbors and meet some new ones. Oh... right, the candy, we enjoyed collecting that too! ;)

Any guesses as to what Sophia went as this year?

That's right! Strawberry Shortcake! Her outfit was easy, as she has lots of pink in her wardrobe and even had a shirt covered in strawberries. She needed some accessories though, and I had a lot of fun creating those! I simply purchased some pink and green felt, some pink little gems, ribbon and a basket. We already had the hat and the hot glue gun. I set to work and the above is what I created. I'm an "eye-baller" when it comes to crafts, so I just worked at the strawberries until I thought they looked right. I actually really love how everything turned out!


Sophia got to have temporary red hair! She got a kick out of that and it washed out great at the end of the night.


Here she is - all decked out! Isn't she adorable?


She even got to have pink nails and freckles! :)





And don't worry... we didn't forget the little guy! He got to wear Sophia's first costume, from when she was just 11 months old, and was an adorable...

ZEBRA!

He didn't mind wearing it at all and the hood never bothered him once. Don't you just want to squeeze him??


And now the task of eating all the candy... um, I may be doing my part to make that happen a little too well. If one thing has always remained consistent with me, I'm a sucker (HA! excuse the pun) when it comes to candy. :)



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adorable!

Jeni said...

AW!!!!!! SO CUTE!!!!!! I'm sure David would help eat the candy if you wanted! :)

Jenny said...

Cute costumes. You did a great job creating Strawberry Shortcake. I'm glad they had a good time!