The delicious birthday cake my sister made me this past weekend. She also spoiled me by letting me choose whatever meal I wanted, and bought me gorgeous orange roses!
Next year though, I'm scared... you see, today, I turn 29. If you know anything about math (ha!), then you might figure out I'll be turning the big 3-0 next year. When my dear, beautiful, talented, wonderful, most-favorite sister turned 30 a few years ago, let's just say there was a bit of teasing coming from her favorite younger sister. She's been vowing to get me back ever since, and now I only have one year left till the year of revenge. :) Be kind dear sister, be kind.
Turning 29 shouldn't be a big deal I suppose. I don't expect it to feel too different, and yet, I see it as sort of a pivotal birthday, like turning 5 or 10 or 16. It's my last year as a really young adult. Next year, I'll be in my 30s? That sounds SO strange to me.
So, for any readers out there that are over 30, any thoughts on how I should spend the last year of my 20s? Any advice on how I ought to approach my 30s?
Have a great day! I expect to. :) I have a great hubby who loves to spoil me on my birthday.
3 comments:
Muahahahah! Just you wait... :)
I am turning 30 in less than 4 months, Ruthie. And I'm not married OR have kids! However, I'm choosing to not worry about that. 30 is just a number, and I plan to celebrate my life! My sister is planning a trip for my birthday weekend and not telling me where we're headed. I'd spend the last year of your twenties looking forward to what your 30s have in store! Oh, and it helps to celebrate it, not dread it. Knowing I'm spending my 30th birthday doing something fun with people I love helps me appreciate now AND what's to come! I hope your birthday was great!
Ruthie, every new year is a blessing! Keep that child like spirit that you have and you will always feel young! That's what Grandpa Russell always said!
love,
mom
Post a Comment