"You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me." Psalm 139:5
The Adventures of our family - told through the eyes of Ruthie, the wife and mommy.

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Sleeping like a baby? Oxymoron!!!

While visiting my sister and brother-in-law last week, Riley proved to us, once again, that away from home he's a bit high-maintenance when it comes to napping and sleeping. All three nights away were spent with him up a lot and then waking for the day unusually early. Even with that, he also only napped once while we were there. Well, that's not entirely true...

We had to make a run to Stuff Mart, and he fell fast asleep in the car, due to his late night partying and early morning waking. I carried him into the store, and much to my surprise, he stayed asleep. I then decided to try something I was sure would never work! I laid him gently in the cart - and would you know, he stayed asleep like that for almost the whole store trip!!! Jamie and I were amazed, our kids just don't tend to sleep in random public places! Isn't he a doll?







4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ruthie, Dad and I thought that was so funny, and Riley looks so cute!!
When you were a baby you would sleep anywhere! You loved to sleep!

love,
mom

Jenny said...

He shopped till he dropped!

Rachel said...

Ruthie I think that is so funny that Eli and Riley both fell asleep at Wal Mart the same weekend! Eli is VERY high maintenance when it comes to sleeping outside of his bed, and I was just shocked that he fell into a deep, deep sleep, slumped over in the shopping cart! LOL! Love you!

Rachel

Unknown said...

Too Cute!!!!!