Well, today is the day! Merry Christmas. Today our family will be focusing on what we as Christ-followers believe Christmas is all about - Jesus! We will also be exchanging some gifts, enjoying delicious food and fellowshipping with extended family. One of the things I love about Christmas is that it is not all in one day. Really, Christmas starts right after Thanksgiving, what with putting up decorations, getting the tree set up, getting gifts and wrapping them just so, baking holiday treats, attending parties and having friends over. I just love the anticipation of The Day that we get to live out each month of December. It reminds me of the anticipation the Jewish people must have felt as they awaited their Savior. He is here! He is born! He is Christ the Lord!
Some of my Christmas favorites:
Making, and then EATING homemade sugar cookies and peanut butter blossoms!

Christmas decorations! A couple of years ago I started putting small red bulbs into one of my large, clear vases. I think it's so pretty and it has become one of my favorite decorations!

The Manger Scene. This one is extra special because it was hand-crafted in the African country I grew up in as a missionary kid. My sister got this for me and Jamie a couple Christmases ago, and we just love putting it up each year. It is the center of our Christmas because it is a visual reminder of what this season is all about - God the Father, sending his Son to this Earth as a baby, to grow up, minister to others, die and rise again, so that each of us could have our bad choices washed clean from our hearts and have fellowship with God the Father while on this earth and someday for eternity in Heaven! Thank you God for sending Your Son.

1 comment:
We had such a wonderful family Christmas this year!
love,
mom
Post a Comment