We have our "normal" traditions, like most families. You know, the how and when of the tree and decorations, special foods, how we exchange gifts, etc... A new one for us this year was the gingerbread house. It's been fun each year as Sophia grows, to be able to do more and more with her to celebrate this special season. And now that we have Riley and are expecting Baby Girl, I know this season is only going to get more and more fun! I've been really burdened this particular Christmas season though, to institute some traditions that could be more important and impactful than all our others. I am speaking of "giving traditions."
I remember one Christmas, growing up, our family found another family in need and provided food and gifts for them. I remember that really fondly. I want my children to grow up not just hearing that it's more important to give than receive, and to maybe pick up on the fact that Mom and Dad do give to others on a regular basis - but I long for them to experience that giving is more blessed than receiving and to participate and feel the giving.
And so, this year I am pondering all of this and thinking of ways to get our little family involved in creating some special "giving traditions" that will hopefully impact not only those who receive, but us, forever...
Do you have any giving traditions during Christmas??
1 comment:
I am very much excited to start family traditions with Cora!
Post a Comment