"You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me." Psalm 139:5
The Adventures of our family - told through the eyes of Ruthie, the wife and mommy.

Monday, December 14, 2009

Who's messy?

Life, it sure is full-circle. Mom, I'm not sure you're allowed to comment on this post... you either Dad. :)

So, I have clear memories of my parents getting very frustrated at my consistently messy room; frequently telling me to clean it up! I also remember very clearly my own frustration - their room was really messy a lot of the times too!!! Oh, the unfairness of life...

That brings us to today. Jamie was scolding Sophia for all the messes around the house that were pretty much due to her not picking up after herself. I only heard bits and pieces, but I think Jamie said something about all the messes being her stuff, and then I did clearly hear Sophia respond, "Nu-uh Dad, you and Mom make messes too! Your room is really messy." Jamie had to agree, I mean, our room is really messy, and well, I felt very "full-circled" in that moment! :)

Are you good at keeping your room clean?


2 comments:

Jeni said...

BWAH! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

Anonymous said...

Ha! Ha!
love,
mom
My mom is laughing in heaven, too!