And no, I'm not talking about the curly-haired beauty in this picture, my sister, Jeni. :)
Today is her birthday and before we get to the real January Turkey, I wanted to wish her a most blessed day! Jeni is one of those gems that if you are blessed enough to know her, you are truly blessed! She has always been my sister, usually has been my friend (okay - so there were a few rough years for our friendship somewhere during adolescence), and in recent years has become a fellow wife and mother. What a joy it has become to share life with Jeni, my sister and best female friend. I love her spunk, her joy of cooking and baking, her zest for life, her passion for her family, her willingness to sacrifice her desires to serve others - namely her family, and the genuine fun I am always guaranteed when we spend time together. I never have had a big brother, but with a sister like Jeni, I don't need one! She is fiercely loyal and protective of me, and always has been! I love you Jeni, and I love who you are! You bless me.
Oh, and might I add, I am most glad that no matter how old I get, you will always be older. Heehee... :) Wish we could celebrate with you in person today!!!
And now, onto the real January Turkey ...

Sophia drew this great turkey on her easel the other day. Jamie and I were quite impressed as she created it completely, 100% on her own. Seeing Soph create art is one of my favorite things!

4 comments:
Okay, you made your mom cry!
That turkey is great, Sophia Ruth!
love,
mom
Well, I'm glad I'm not the turkey! :) :) :) Thank you for your kind words! They made feel all warm and squishy! :) Love you too!
Ruthie, we got your card today--who took your pictures? They're beautiful! Sounds like you're doing well!
Amy M.
Looks great! And Happy Birthday to your sis!
Post a Comment