I am not a big New Year Resolution kind of person. I tend to think they just set one up for failure - ha! don't ever accuse me of being too positive... I like to think of myself as a realist. :) Really, though, I think resolutions are great if they are thought out and one intends to really work at accomplishing it. Well, my success rate at such is not so great, so I don't tend to make them. But, due to some certain Christmas gifts I was blessed with this year, I do have some creative goals I want to work on this new year!
First, Jamie got me a keyboard for Christmas! It was a total surprise and I am so excited. I have always wanted to learn how to play the piano and I long for our kids to have the chance to do so as well. We had a very limited budget to spend on each other this year, but Jamie was able to score a great deal on a used keyboard. It is definitely a starter, and we are keeping our eyes out for a better one, or even an upright, if the price (free or very cheap!) is right, but I am so excited to get my hands on some music books and start learning some skills! Riley and Sophia simply adore playing on it, and I think they think it was a gift for them! They both have a great sense for music and love a good beat, so it's been fun to see them playing on it.
Second, Jamie's Mom and Dad bought us a bread machine. Seriously, who doesn't like fresh, hot bread?? I am excited to play around with all the options and see what I can create!
And third, my parents and Jamie's parents went in together and bought me my very first sewing machine!!! Aside from a piano or keyboard, this is the other "big" item I've been wanting for the longest time. I cannot wait to relearn (Jr. High home ec. was a LONG time ago!) how to use a sewing machine and start tackling all the projects I've been dreaming up for what seems like years! I promise I won't pass out any home-sewn gifts till I've honed my skills. :)
So, hopefully by the time we are ringing in the year 2011 I will be able to play a little ditty (something other than, "Come Thou Fount!" heeheehee) on the keyboard, will have made lots of delicious fresh breads and pastas on my new bread machine, and will be sewing up a storm!
We shall see... time will tell. :) Do you have any resolutions/goals for this new year??
3 comments:
I know that you will learn the piano and you will be sewing a lot!
When you put your mind to something you always succeed!
love,
mom
Wow Ruthie! I love my bread machine, but I have the hardest time getting the bread to bake right in the machine...so I just let it make my dough and then bake it in the oven. Have fun! Amy M.
Sounds like lots of blessings came your way! I'm glad to hear it was a blessed holiday!
Post a Comment