"You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me." Psalm 139:5
The Adventures of our family - told through the eyes of Ruthie, the wife and mommy.

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Family

The older Jamie and I get, the more we've come to realize how we treasure our family.  Earlier this week we had the opportunity to be with members from both sides of our family.  Sunday we drove to my parents' house to spend the afternoon and have a cookout.  It was a great time of celebration because after 20 very long months, our BIL, David, was offered a job that he and Jeni feel is from the Lord!  They have accepted a new pastorate position (only 1 hour from us!  not in the current city they are living, but though they will be moving, they will still be so close to us - just in a different direction!!!) and should be starting that job sometime in October.  We are so thankful to God for His provision.

Later that evening we drove over to Jamie's parents' (who live only about 20 min. from my parents') to drop the two older kids off so we could go out.  We went to a restaurant with my sis, BIL, and our cousin and his wife.  The six of us always have such a good time whenever we get the opportunity to hang out!  I feel so blessed to have siblings and cousins that aren't just family, they are my friends!

We spent the night at Jamie's parents' house and were able to hang out with them all day Monday.  

Growing up I loved my family, but, I think I took them for granted.  Jeni and I didn't always get along during the teen years, but since we've worked past that stage in life our friendship has become one of my greatest treasures.  I am so pleased that she married a man that Jamie and I have SO enjoyed becoming friends with.  Jamie and I are both blessed with amazing parents and we're so thankful that we can go to them with heartache, for prayer/advice, and that we share a friendship.

Anyways, this little trip to be with family once again reminded me how much I love being a part of the family God placed me in and how thankful I am for each person I can call a relative - and friend!


Chilling with Uncle David
Getting some love from Aunt Jeni
Haddie got to join us on our outing, as she'd need to eat while we were out.  My cousin, Steve, also has the red hair and features that Haddie got from my Grandma!  It was fun to see them next to each other and see how they looked related!
My cousin Steve, his wife Laura, Jamie, Me, Hadassah, David & Jeni
And, just because she looks so sweet!  :)
Sophia and Riley were around for this trip!  They were just too busy playing and moving that I didn't get as many pictures of them.   :)


3 comments:

Jenny said...

I can relate to having family members that are friends - my sister and my cousin also fall into that category! Glad you got the chance to make more memories with yours!

Jeni said...

Ok, so Steve and Haddie have the same expression! So cute!

Anonymous said...

Very nice, Ruthie! Wow, Steve and Haddie do look alike! I love the new look to your blog!
love,
mom