"You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me." Psalm 139:5
The Adventures of our family - told through the eyes of Ruthie, the wife and mommy.

Monday, August 30, 2010

Riley's 2nd Birthday Recap: Part I


Riley opening some gifts he got in the mail from his Great-Grandma Marie.
I love his little tongue sticking out!




~ Riley's Birthday Banner coming together ~


Aunt Jeni and Uncle David came earlier in the day on Saturday because
they wouldn't be able to stay for the party.  Cora got to stay though!
Riley LOVED the trucks/tractors he received from them!!!





The Guitar Cake...


This cake gave me many challenges.  The frosting I made was dairy free and was SO runny it was just dripping all over.  Then those strings...  Those last two, well, obviously they didn't turn out too straight.  :)  Oh well, Riley loved it and it tasted yummy.  I will work on my piping skills for next time.   



It's Party Time!!!
Come back tomorrow for Part II!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Ruthie!!!!

love,
mom

Jeni said...

Hey! THe cake looked great!!!!!! The heat might have also had something to do with the icing. But!!! It looked YUMMY and fabulous so don't worry about it! :)