I knew it was time, this was no virus, we needed to get the kids (never mind ourselves) to the doctor. This would entail loading the kids in the car to take Jamie to work (one car family here), coming home, showering/getting ready/making Dr's appt for kids, loading them into the car to take them to Dr. all by myself at some point, then, loading them all back into the car at supper time to pick Jamie up - all while being sick and feverish myself... So, I cried, I begged, I said, "I can't do this. Please don't leave me." And you know what, he didn't. He stayed.
Jamie was running a fever this morning too, still is. He's also not sleeping well since almost losing his Dad. He is worn to the bone. Work might have been the easier way out for him today. :) But, he stayed and let me sleep most of the day. He fielded the kiddos. He made the doctor's appt. He took them, all by himself.
Jamie was the first person in my life, through demonstration, that made me understand what unconditional love truly is. Today he added some exclamation points. :)
Soph has bronchitis. Riley has two ear infections and a sinus infection and Haddie has a sinus infection.
So, with meds in hand we anticipate health just around the corner!
Jamie and I probably need some meds too, so we'll be working on that. Our doctor isn't local, nor is she open on weekends, so that adds a tricky element. We'll be checking to see if our insurance covers a doc-in-a-box...
Have you ever crumpled, ahem, two days in a row?? Here's to a better day tomorrow!!!
I think I can, I think I can. And, with my fabulous hubby, 3 very patient and forgiving children, and one Awesome God - I know I can!
1 comment:
So glad you have a wonderful husband to support you!
Post a Comment