"You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me." Psalm 139:5
The Adventures of our family - told through the eyes of Ruthie, the wife and mommy.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

2 healthy girls

This morning Sophia and Hadassah both had well-checks at the doctor.  These well-checks were originally scheduled for the Monday after Christmas, but that would be the appointment I totally forgot about.  The best part was the letter I received from the doctor's office later that week saying that if our family accrued a total of 4 missed appointments we'd be kindly asked to leave the practice to find a different doctor!  Yikes!  Since I was taking both Haddie and Soph, it counted as two missed appointments.  So...  I am half-way to getting my kids kicked out of their Ped's office.  Nice.  You can feel free to send my Mother of the Year Award directly to my home.

At any rate, we were rescheduled for today and I made a point to actually remember.  :)  I had asked Jamie to take the morning off so I didn't have to manage all three kids at the doctor's.  He and Riley stayed home while us ladies went on our way.

Haddie is but a pip-sqeak, weighing in at 16 pounds.  She is 28 inches tall.  Her weight puts her at the 20th percentile on the growth chart, while her height is a the 75th percentile.  She is 9 1/2 months and still wears 9 month clothes.  She is our first kiddo who's age has consistently matched her clothing size.  She is healthy and we are thankful!

Sophia remains on the 99th percentile of the growth chart for both height and weight, as she has her whole life!  She is tall and strong and healthy, and again, we are SO thankful!

Thankfully there were NO shots at this appointment so it was drama free.  :)

Have a happy Wednesday.




2 comments:

Jenny said...

I think Hannah was wearing 9 month clothes until she was 18 months. Nice to hear other kids aren't always at the head of the growth chart (though I know Sophia always is! :)). Glad everyone is well!

Anonymous said...

So glad the girls are healthy. Ruthie, you ARE a great mommy!
love,
mom