"You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me." Psalm 139:5
The Adventures of our family - told through the eyes of Ruthie, the wife and mommy.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Sleeping Like Babies

Jamie and I both fell asleep at 8:30 last night!

Haddie is starting to sign a bit.  She is pretty adorable signing "more" when eating.  She will be 10 months old soon - which means we're only 2 months away from her first birthday!  Haddie is an expert crawler and still stands really well, but has yet to show any interest in walking.  She has 7 teeth and is actively working on a few more.  She is starting to eat some table food.  She has learned how to squawk/scream when something is taken from her.  One of our favorite things Haddie does is how she leans in when you ask for a kiss.

Riley is talking like crazy.  He is speaking in sentences now and is starting to really like telling jokes!  On January 1st Soph and Riley got bunk beds and Riley has done exceptional sleeping in his big boy bed.  He is back to actually taking naps, *most days,* and is sleeping great at night.  I have plans to potty train him in the next couple of months so I'm trying to prepare him for that.  When I tell him his pacis will go bye-bye when he starts using the big boy potty he weeps.  Seriously.  So, that'll be fun times.  :)

Sophia's handwriting is improving so much.  When I look at her copy work from the start of the school year compared to now, it is really amazing!  She has been doing simple fractions for awhile now in math.  So far it's all been 1/2, 1/3 1/4, etc...  She was writing which fraction of each shape was shaded today and decided she'd change things up a bit.  While I was away checking on Riley she shaded extra portions of each shape so she could write fractions such as, 2/5, 3/4, etc... She was excited to show me what she did and to tell me on some show she'd watched recently she'd discovered one can write fractions with numbers other than "1" on the top.  She got them all correct.

Jamie and I have all our teeth and remain potty trained.  You should see how well Jamie is doing at paying the bills, and I wash the dishes really well.  Okay, that's all a joke.  I was just seeing how funny it would be if we spoke of ourselves the way we speak of our kids.  Ha!  :)

We'll see if we can make it past 8:30 tonight.  :)

3 comments:

Jeni said...

You're so funny! :) I can't believe how much they're all growing up! Cora and I were looking at photos this morning from the summer! MAN! Riley and Cora were still BABIES!!!!!! Not anymore! And Haddie and Soph have changed a lot too. I know you wash the dishes well, but is your room clean? :) Love you!

Jenny said...

I really liked how you ended this blog post. It was funny! :) Glad the kids are doing well!

Anonymous said...

I really liked this Blog. Way to go Sophia! I can't wait to hear Riley's jokes. Haddie is sooooooooo cute!
love,
mom