"You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me." Psalm 139:5
The Adventures of our family - told through the eyes of Ruthie, the wife and mommy.

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I see the diarrhea


What!?!? See these lovely flowers? Jamie surprised his girls with this cute bouquet of "crazy daisies" today. They have been dyed to achieve their fun colors. As I was trimming the stems to put them in the vase my fingers got all stained with the dye and I quickly told Sophia not to touch the flowers so as not to get dye on her hands or clothes. She wondered what dye was, so I did my best to explain it to her. Well, a few minutes after our conversation, she was sitting at the table eating her trail mix and looking longingly at the vase of temptation (aka, the crazy daisies) and says, totally seriously, "Mom, I see the diarrhea!" :) Jamie and I tried to hold back the laughter as we corrected her that it was "dye," not "diarrhea!"

5 comments:

Jenny said...

That's a hilarious story, and a great picture. It showcases her personality very well. Hope all is well on your end (no pun intended...).

Jeni said...

Omigoodness!!!! I do believe I have the funniest niece in the world! :) She absolutely cracks me up!!!!!

Anonymous said...

That is soooooooooo funny!
My granddaughter is so cute! My grandson is so sweet!

Anonymous said...

oops! I forgot to sign my comment!
love,
mom

Anonymous said...

I love the things kids say!
- Danielle