Well, a dear Mops mom drove with me to the hospital. Jamie met me there. My dear friend Loree, who also goes to Mops, was so generous and offered to take Riley. I ended up keeping him though b/c he really needed to nurse and I figured I'd be okay with him there as long as Jamie was with us.
Well, 5 vending machine purchases (it's amazing what you'll do to try and comfort your child when things are so out of your control!) and 1 1/2 hrs. later we were in an ER room. If you heard a child screaming around 1:30 pm this afternoon, that would've been my daughter. She is almost 4, she is strong, she is strong willed, she did not want to be in the hospital! She kept saying, "Let's get out of here, just you and me, let's leave." Oh man.
So, Sophia was forced on her back and wrapped up in a blanket like a straight jacket and then was restrained by three nurses and Jamie. The Dr. proceeded to shoot lidocaine (numbing stuff) into her gash with a huge needle multiple times. {are you kidding me? I'd be freaking out too!}Oh, that was fun. Then, he had to stitch her up, twice... that's right. He was finally done and then he noticed that all her flailing had busted them, so he had to pull them out and do it again!
My poor girl was soaked with sweat when it was finally done. She got a popsicle at the hospital, then we went to get ice-cream.
The dr. said her bone and nerves are intact and he doesn't think infection should be a problem. She slept for 3 hrs. this afternoon and asked to go to bed tonight (um, yeah, never happens!).
She really is okay though. The stitches have to stay in for 5 days then she has to keep steri strips on for another week.
Here she is right after getting stitched up. The swelling is much better now.
She is a trooper and I'm so thankful to Jesus that it wasn't any worse.
6 comments:
Goodness! Poor Soph! She doesn't even look herself in that shot. I'm so glad you were close enough to a hospital and surrounded by other moms. I remember when they put an IV in Hannah as they prepared us for our trip to the PICU at Akron Children's. They did that same swaddling thing, and although she's only almost 3 and weighs all of 25 pounds, she also had to be held down by two RNs and me while a third RN put in the IV. She, too, kept telling us "let's go, Mommy!" It breaks your heart! What a trooper Soph was to endure the whole stitching twice! God is good, and now she'll have a scare to prove how tough she is! :)
Poor Sophia!! She looks so sad. I hope she is feeling better this morning. Now she has a "battle" scar to show everyone. Don't worry it will fade to a fine line in time. Maybe this is preparation for the future with Riley!!! I'm praying for you and Soph. Give her a hug and kiss from Aunt Cathy
give the kiddo a squeeze for me and tell her i love her.
David
Awww, your poor little girl. I'm glad she is okay. You guys must have been terrified! I'll say some prayers for her speedy recovery!
Amy B.
Poor Sophia and poor Ruthie too. I think you both need a little bit of spoiling today.
Danielle
Please give Sophie a kiss from Grammy! Tell her how brave she is and Jesus was there to help her.
I love you!
Mom
Post a Comment