"You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me." Psalm 139:5
The Adventures of our family - told through the eyes of Ruthie, the wife and mommy.

Friday, November 28, 2008

So Thankful


So, now that Thanksgiving is over, and we have just one month until Christmas (WOW... that's hard to believe), we have officially entered in to one of my favorite times of the year. So, in the spirit of thankfulness, here are the reasons I'm thankful for this special time of year:

1. All of the extra time spent with extended family2. Putting up the Christmas tree (though this year, we put ours up the week before Thanksgiving, as opposed to the week after - that was when we had the time to do it)
3. Baking Christmas cookies
4. Playing in the snow with Sophia and Jamie
5. Snuggling on the couch under a warm blanket
6. Sitting in the living room with all the lights off except for the tree lights
7. Putting finishing touches on all the planning, purchasing and creating of special gifts to give to those I love
8. Participating (and as the Mom now, I get the privilege to initiate them too!) in all of our special family Christmas traditions
9. Going to the Christmas Eve service at Church
10. The excitement of going to sleep on Christmas Eve; feeling all the anticipation of what's to come in the morning - not just opening gifts, but most importantly celebrating the birth of my Savior!!!

What is a reason (or 10 :) ) that this is a special time of the year for you?? Leave a comment, I'd love to hear!

Ruthie :)

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Having now moved away, I'm very thankful for the times I get to come home and soak up the time with my family. I'm also thankful for a job I love, the ability to interact with friends and family, and for being used by God to help others see how much He loves them and desires to free them from their sin - and sometimes themselves! I'm also thankful for Christmas lights, living in a state that genuinely has all 4 seasons, and for a niece who's now old enough to interact and say "I love you" without us saying it to her first!

By the way, I keep meaning to tell you - you're a great photographer. I enjoy that some of your shots are more artistic in nature! :)