"You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me." Psalm 139:5
The Adventures of our family - told through the eyes of Ruthie, the wife and mommy.

Saturday, May 16, 2009

It's whats for dinner

Around here, there is always something funny being said! With a four and a half year old in the house, and a smart, creative, imaginative, observant one at that, what do you expect?!

Yesterday Sophia was playing out in the front yard. She wanted to show me something. She had stuck a stick into a hole in one of our trees, where she explained, she would catch a robin, once it landed there. Why, might you ask, would she be trying to catch a robin? To have for dinner of course!

Oh, it gets better. Today, while Jamie was home for his lunch break, she began talking about catching a robin to eat again. We talked her out of it with some, "Oh, Robin's don't have much meat on them," and a little, "You wouldn't want to eat the Mama Robin, would you?" So, she decided we'd better raise the stakes and go for a turkey! She then says, "Oh, come on! We need to buy a gun."

After I finished rolling on the ground with laughter, I asked her where she learned about guns. She couldn't have been more matter-of-fact with her answer, "Little House on the Prairie." So, if you see any turkeys roaming in our neck of the woods, let us know, would you? We're trying to catch us some dinner.

***

Jamie and I had the opportunity to hang out with some other couples from our church last night. My parents babysat for us, and when we returned, quite late, I got into bed with Soph to give her some cuddles. She dreamily smiled at me and asked if I'd taken a bus to get to where I'd gone earlier. I told her, no, I'd taken the car. She replied, "Well, my dream told me you took a bus." :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your Dad and I are still laughing!
love,
mom

Jeni said...

All I can say/do is HA! HA1 HA! HA! :)

Anonymous said...

Is this the second time she has basically had this conversation? I swear I remember this story. Still funny though.

David