But for the Merrily I know, her life may feel like a dream, but it's a reality! And I know she would say a blessed reality at that! Sunday, I was able to go to a babyshower, hosted in honor of one of my dearest friends, Merrily. Her sweet daughter is due in a matter of weeks, and she was just glowing! It was so fun to celebrate with her and see her get spoiled with all manner of gifts to use once her baby arrives.
Merrily and I met each other the Spring of our senior year of high school at our University orientation. We met in line to get our ID pictures taken and realized we lived in neighboring school districts and knew some of the same people. We also discovered that we were both going to be nursing majors. So... we decided to schedule all the same classes for Fall so that we'd at least see one familiar face!
Come fall of our Freshman year, we saw each other a lot, as we had almost every single class together. I lived on campus, but she commuted from home. We became fast and true friends. The next four years saw a lot! We studied, cried, traveled, loved boys, lost boys, lamented boys, prayed, trusted Jesus, grew up a lot, lived together our senior year, worked out, ate junk food, etc... So many memories, this one post could never capture them all.
I am so thrilled to see Merrily, and her wonderful husband, Jeremy, become parents. They love the Lord so much, and it is thrilling to see them embark on this blessed adventure. Love you friend!
3 comments:
3 beautiful girls. I prayed for friends like that for you my sweet daughter. God is so good!
love,
mom
How fun!!!! Love you sis!
What a sweet post...I just saw it today (Friday). Thank you my dear friend! :-)
~Merrily
Post a Comment