"You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me." Psalm 139:5
The Adventures of our family - told through the eyes of Ruthie, the wife and mommy.

Thursday, May 21, 2009

We made it!

We were actually early to my eye doctor appt., so that was quite a feat! Sophia and Riley both did quite well. It was a bit challanging to hold a squirmy baby while getting my eyes checked out, but we managed. Sophia managed to spill her goldfish and pretzels, not once, but twice, all over the exam room. Thankfully the eye doctor is a wonderfully kind, Christian man, and his staff is great too! When Jamie went for his appointment later in the afternoon our eye dr. teased that it would be a $10.00 fee for all the extra clean-up they had to do while I was there with the kids! Hey! They are lucky I didn't leave Riley's horribly stinky diaper in the bathroom trashcan!!! :)

We were about 10 minutes late for Riley's appt, but we still got right in. My eyes were nice and dilated, so I was feeling a bit woozy and had a horrible headache. I also couldn't focus on anything close up. Fun times. :) Riley is a healthy boy of almost 9 months. He is weighing in at 19 lbs., 6 oz. and is 29 3/4 inches long. He got two shots, but was such a trooper! I was really proud of Sophia too. Trapping her in small exam rooms for a couple hours, well, I struggle with that enough, and I'm not an energetic 4 year old! She did great though.

We got to round out a gloriously warm and sunny day with some water fun in the backyard, then a dinner picnic with Jamie's parents. All in all, it was a successful day! Just the kind we like.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad it was a good day for you!
love,
mom

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm impressed about the Dr.'s appts. It's hard enough with one baby, let alone a 4 year-old!

Riley and Eli are so close in size! Eli is 19 lbs. 4 oz. and 27 1/2 inches tall, so he's a bit more "stumpy" but very close!

We need to get them together soon. Let me know when you have a free Saturday so we can come down and play! Maybe Eli and I could even come on a Friday night and spend the night so we have the whole day Saturday!

Miss you!

Rachel