"You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me." Psalm 139:5
The Adventures of our family - told through the eyes of Ruthie, the wife and mommy.

Monday, July 20, 2009

"Did you seriously?" "No, I didn't!"

Recently I received this comment on one of my posts from my sister


She is referring to this:

At the bottom of each of my posts it tells you what time it got posted to my blog. (FYI: This is also where you go to leave a comment. :) Just click on the word "comments" and it will take you where you need to go. If you don't have a blogger account, no worries! You can post "anonomously," just sign your name so I know who you are!)

So, back to the original topic. From the second picture, you can see it says that I posted at 6 am, but my big secret to you is, I, in fact, did not! I probably wrote that post sometime the day or two before. I thought those of you who have blogs might like to know how I can post in advance...

If you start a new post, look at the bottom and you will find, in blue, "Post Options."


Click on "Post Options" and another box will drop down.


In this box you can simply choose both the date and time you actually want what you wrote to post to your blog. After you type in the date and time of your choosing, hit "Publish Post" and it will save as a scheduled post.


That's all there is to it. Very simple. I often have multiple posts I want to do, so I will write them one after the other and simply stagger when they get put up on my blog. Now you know all most of my secrets!

3 comments:

Jeni said...

Ha! I KNEW there was something fishy going on! :) Now, smarty pants, how do you do the fancy signature at the bottom? David and I have been wondering...I'd like to copy! :) See, I'm copying you, getting you back slowly, but surely, for all the times you copied me when we were little. :) Love you!

Anonymous said...

You are so funny, Ruthie!
love,
mom

Anonymous said...

ah you're like my blogging Yoda.