"You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me." Psalm 139:5
The Adventures of our family - told through the eyes of Ruthie, the wife and mommy.

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Shall we say, "Stay-cation?"

The last two days have been wonderful! Jamie is done at Verizon, and my parents graciously agreed to watch the kids the past two nights so we could have a bit of a vacation. We didn't go anywhere, but we have really enjoyed the time to relax and do whatever we choose. Though, we both agree, the house is WAY too empty and quiet without Sophia and Riley, and frankly, I'm counting the hours till I get to see them again. Life is rather dull, empty and boring without them. Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed sleeping in these past two days immensly! :)

Jamie and I started off with a great dinner date. We had a little fun with the camera...








Other things we've enjoyed...

Thursday night we stayed up until 1 am watching two movies! We slept in till 12N yesterday. That was SO nice. I adore sleeping in, as you well know if you're one of my girlfriends who've ever had a sleepover with me! :)

Friday afternoon our good friend, Nicole, came by for a couple hours to visit. She is a teacher at a school in Singapore, and we always look forward to catching up with her when she's Stateside. It was great to see you Nicole! We're praying for you!

Friday evening, we rode our bikes to Subway for dinner (YUM! There's something about eating a loaded up sandwich that I didn't have to prepare.) then rode around our town for about another hour. We've been doing this really hard work out video most mornings, and it was nice to take a break from that and work out in a different way. When Jamie and I first got married the area we lived in had all sorts of great bike trails and paths. We don't really have that around here... but riding together again brought back all sorts of great memories.

We slept in again this morning, of course... :) and plan to do some more bike riding. We're planning on riding over to a local antique shop to browse and who knows where else! My parents will be bringing back Soph and Riley later this afternoon and we'll all enjoy dinner together.

So, that's what we've been up to... how about you?



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked the picture of you Jamie!
We love you!
mom

elielio said...

Wow! Two nights with no kiddos and sleeping in till noon?? That's awesome!

Javier and I went on our second "real" date since Eli was born on Saturday night. It was wonderful and we decided that we really needed to work harder on having regular date nights. :)

Glad you guys got a well-deserved break. Hopefully we can get together soon so our boys can play! Eli is getting VERY close to walking, but we'll see. :)

Love,

Rachel