I am 32 weeks pregnant now. I cannot believe it! This baby could make an appearance as early as 5-6 weeks from now, or as long as 10 weeks from now (oh, please no!). Either way, she will be here soon and my anticipation of meeting her and holding her and nursing her and getting to know her... it just grows by the moment! Every night I get to feel her little limbs pushing all around and sometimes her head and rear end! :) I can't wait to see all of her in the flesh and just love on her. I also can't wait to see Sophia with her baby sister and am most interested in Riley's reaction. Every baby he's been around so far he's been rather interested in and surprisingly gentle. He remains a very clingy boy towards me, so I'm anticipating some sort of something with that. I think he'll reject me - as in not care to have me hold him, etc... for some time. But, who knows, maybe he'll go with the flow!
We have been preparing Sophia for the chance that Baby Rose is actually a boy. We've also been working hard to come up with a boy's name in the event that, well, the baby is a boy. We were told Baby is a girl, but, for various reasons we aren't 100% confident in that assessment, so we are just trying to be ready for the "just in case." :)
Many of my projects have been getting tackled... slowly... Hopefully the next couple of weeks will see the completion of all my "Before Baby Comes" projects, so the last few weeks can be spent simply relaxing and enjoying the time before labor and delivery.
My asthma has been kicking it up a notch again, and that remains one of my biggest physical challenges. When Jamie isn't home and I can barely talk or walk without getting super light-headed/feeling like I may pass out - caring for the kids becomes much more taxing. I'm also REALLY tired - all the time. I think I could nap all afternoon and still go to bed early and sleep in! Not really a daily option, but God gets me through each day, for which I am thankful!
So, needless to say, I'm getting ready for her to be born! Thankfully, pretty much all my unpleasant pregnancy symptoms totally disappear the second the baby is born and so I'm just looking forward to that moment of feeling better!!!
Oh, good news... a few weeks ago I mentioned that my primary midwife might be leaving the practice and that the hospital I'd be delivering at was completely unknown to me. Well, as of my last appt. I now am in the know! My primary midwife did leave, which means the other midwife, Sue, will be there with us. She is an excellent midwife and I am totally at peace with having her take over my care. She will be great! I also now know which hospital I'll be delivering at, which gives me peace of mind as well. Now we just have to schedule a tour and pre-register!
So, that's the belly scoop for now. :)
4 comments:
WOW! Pregnancy goes so much faster when it's not your own! :) :) :) Funny how that works! :) I can't wait to meet our little Rose or...what's a manly sounding flower? :) :) :) OOOOOOOOO! So exciting!!!!
Did you just spill the beans with the baby's name? I thought that was a surprise...? Maybe I'm wrong. I hope things continue to go well in your pregnancy.
Jenny - Baby Rose is what Sophia calls the Baby while she's still on the inside. :) But, that's not her actual name.
Hi Ruthie!
We need to set up a time to get you guys that changing table! Praying for you every day! Amy M.
Post a Comment