"You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me." Psalm 139:5
The Adventures of our family - told through the eyes of Ruthie, the wife and mommy.

Saturday, February 13, 2010

What to get a Mom for Valentines' Day

Sophia - Valentine's Morning, last year (2009)

We've been in Valentine's mode the past couple of days and will be for the rest of the weekend. Monday I'll be sure to post about all the fun we've had. We love to take the opportunity to make this little love holiday all about celebrating the love we share as a family. We do our best to make it a family day (though Jamie is taking me out on a date tonight, sans children!). At any rate, the following conversation took place last night in the car.

Sophia: Mom, you always get me gifts for Valentine's Day, but I never get you anything.
Me: Well, you made me a Valentine. That is a special gift for Mommy.
Sophia: No, I think I need to get you a real gift. I just don't know what to get you.
Me: Well, I always love candy or chocolate!!!

long pause, Sophia pondering...

Sophia: Okay! I think I'll get you a chapter book! That is a good Valentine's gift for a Mom!
Me: Okay... (kissing my gift of sweets goodbye... maybe I can still change her mind. :) )

:)



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha!, Ha!
love,
mom

Jenny said...

Sounds delightful either way! :)

Jeni said...

HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! It's as though she was hoping you'd say "chapter book" but instead you said candy, which threw her off! :)

Anonymous said...

so what did you get?
- Danielle