I HATE church signs! I think they're more offensive than anything to the unchurched and even to the churched. I think they're 99% of the time corny and like this one, "off." Just my "humble" opinion.
I've seen some crazy church signs that try to be clever but I think just either come across as weird, bossy or end up conveying a message that I don't think is completely true. However, I'm sure there are some that make an impact. Overall though I'm not really a fan. Danielle
I really like church signs, but this one seems to promote the sense of God as an angry, grumpy old man who is watching to see when you screw up or thinks you are a child (in a bad way) and is talking down to you. Not a great sign.
I like most church signs, they get your mind thinking. I see this one as saying God is watching you, even when you can't actually see him in the flesh.
5 comments:
I like most church signs, but that one makes me want to hide! :) Amy
I HATE church signs! I think they're more offensive than anything to the unchurched and even to the churched. I think they're 99% of the time corny and like this one, "off." Just my "humble" opinion.
I've seen some crazy church signs that try to be clever but I think just either come across as weird, bossy or end up conveying a message that I don't think is completely true. However, I'm sure there are some that make an impact. Overall though I'm not really a fan.
Danielle
I really like church signs, but this one seems to promote the sense of God as an angry, grumpy old man who is watching to see when you screw up or thinks you are a child (in a bad way) and is talking down to you. Not a great sign.
I like most church signs, they get your mind thinking. I see this one as saying God is watching you, even when you can't actually see him in the flesh.
Post a Comment