"You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me." Psalm 139:5
The Adventures of our family - told through the eyes of Ruthie, the wife and mommy.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Did you get it too?

Almost exactly one year ago, February 12 I believe, we got a similar snowstorm to what our area experienced this past weekend. Did you get it too??

Last year, I could help with all the crazy shoveling that needed done!


This year, not so much, poor hubby had to bear the task alone.


Last year I bundled up and joined in all the snow-play fun with one very eager little girl!


This year, Sophia was mostly left to entertain herself, as Daddy was busy shoveling and Riley tended to do his own thing (though the following day he did build Soph a snow fort, after-all he is definitely not an "all work and no play" kind of Daddy). :)


Last year I got to be in front of the camera.


This year I stayed behind the camera.


Last year Riley got his first "taste" of snow, as we sat him in a big drift, all bundled up (all 5 1/2 months of him)!

This year, Riley got to actually taste the snow - which he loves, by the way!


Last year, Riley was little more than a lump in the snow. :)


This year he can walk and play, to his great delight!!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They grow up so fast! This was really cute, Ruthie!
love,
mom

Jenny said...

This snow has been craaaaa-zee! I'm glad you got to enjoy them enjoying it. I'm sure there will be more snows in the days to come for you to help shovel out from underneath! :)