"You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me." Psalm 139:5
The Adventures of our family - told through the eyes of Ruthie, the wife and mommy.

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Soph-isms

First, for all who guessed at yesterday's challenge, Hadassah is the one on the top and Riley is the one on the bottom! I wish I had a picture like that of Sophia, because I have a feeling she'd fit right in to the "look-alikeness," but, after looking through her pictures, I don't believe we took a shot like this of her. Thanks for playing along!

***

I haven't recorded any funny sayings of Soph in awhile - not that she hasn't been saying funny things, I just haven't been good at remembering them lately! Well, today I've got some.

Sophia was looking through a box of baby clothes my sister gave us for Haddie to use. She pulls out a top and declares, "Hmmm... This could be nice for Haddie to wear to a funeral, you know, if she ever goes to one."

Sophia brings over an outfit asking me what it says. When I tell her it says "Daddy's Girl," she declares, "Oh, she'll have to wear that on Father's Day!"

:)

***

Last night Sophia was in the bathroom brushing her teeth before bed. She was in there forever and talking away, and clearly doing more than brushing her teeth.

So, she finally emerges and I ask her what she was up to. "Oh, just decorating the counter." Images of toothpaste or lotion smeared all over my bathroom counter flashed through my mind. "So... what did you decorate with???" "Why don't you come and see?" "No, just tell me." "No, come and see." Okay...

She, very proudly, showed me how she had folded some washcloths and "decorated" the counter with them. After I took some pictures she wanted to take one of me with the counter.

Boy, was I relieved to find wash cloths and not some other means of "decorating!" :)




4 comments:

Jeni said...

I bet I have a photo like that of Sophia! I'll have to see if I can find one...And, nice decorating! :) I think interior design is in her future!

Jeni said...

I bet I have a photo like that of Sophia! I'll have to see if I can find one...And, nice decorating! :) I think interior design is in her future!

Anonymous said...

Too funny!
Love ya,
Rachel

Jenny said...

Very cute!