"You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me." Psalm 139:5
The Adventures of our family - told through the eyes of Ruthie, the wife and mommy.

Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year!

Today/Tonight I will be surprising Jamie with his Christmas surprise date.  I can't wait!!!

Since having children I can probably count on one hand the number of times I've been able to use the bathroom, during their waking hours, without being bothered.  Last night, Riley went to new heights to try and get in while I was trying to use the bathroom in peace.  There I was, reveling in some quiet when I hear a sawing sound.  Then I hear what sounded like a wrench working at the doorknob.  Indeed... Riley was taking his new toy tools (thanks Jeni and David) to the bathroom door - trying to get in!  Oi vay.

Sophia is seeming SO grown up since turning six.  She currently has strep throat and has been sleeping on a mattress in our room.  This morning, after some cuddles, I said it was time to get moving.  She grabbed her notebook and said, "I'm just going to do some journaling first."

Haddie had another brush with death.  Seriously, the angels in charge of our family must be making some serious overtime.  Yesterday morning I'm feeding Haddie her oatmeal for breakfast.  After a few bites she starts to gag/choke.  I had just put a spoonful of oatmeal in her mouth so I was afraid she'd really choke.  I put my finger in her mouth to swipe it back out and imagine my surprise when a sticker came out with the oatmeal!  It was a squarish, 1 inch by 1 1/2 inch, velum sticker.  This was a pretty big sticker and with it being velum was basically like a big square of plastic being in her mouth.  I immediately freaked out at the possibilities because this sticker came from a sticker sheet that is on my bedroom floor and the last time Haddie was crawling around in my room was the previous day - almost 24 hours prior!  So, this sticker was hanging out in her throat/mouth for almost 24 hours?!?!  She threw up the day she ate the sticker, so I'm guessing that is why.  I don't know why her airway didn't get blocked by the sticker.  I am so glad it didn't' though and that God had her cough it up during breakfast yesterday.  So thankful God has his hand over my children, even when I don't!


Well, we need to leave soon for the start of our date and I need to get ready and pack overnight bags for us and the kids!  Have a great New Year's celebration!!!


4 comments:

Jenny said...

Glad she's okay!!!

Jeni said...

In regards to:
Riley--you're VERY welome! :)
Sophia--she's hilarious!!!!
Haddie--Praise the Lord she's OK!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for an amazing date. It was an unbelievably great day, and I loved every minute of it. I am so thankful that you know me and love me enough to know what I would love spending my day doing and how much I longed to see Tim. I have a huge task ahead of me to plan a date that can even come close to being near as awesome as the one you just gave me. You are such an amazing wife and. I love you!

Anonymous said...

Great Posts! Dad and I laughed so much when we read what Riley did.
So thankful that our Haddie is ok.
Thank you Jesus!
love,
mom