Remember this picture?? Well, I got a couple guesses that involved Jamie and I being dressed up as Nativity characters... Well, good guess, but that wasn't it. In fact, we were dressed up in authentic Saudi Arabian garb - Jamie being dressed as a King, even wielding a sword! They didn't make mention, but I'm crowing myself queen since I'm on the arm of a king. :)
Jamie and I enjoy ministering to the International Students at our local university. This summer we started a special program to help students make American friends and have a chance to practice their English. There are a large number of students from Saudi Arabia right now, so we have been getting to know them.
Back in early November all of the Saudi students hosted a cultural event to expose other students and community members to more of their culture. It was a really neat night. We were served middle eastern food, witnessed the men doing some traditional dances, I got a henna tattoo, they wrote our names in Arabic, and the crowning moment was the above picture. :)
***
The other day Haddie forgot to mention that she has five teeth already! And, the day after she wrote her little update, she started eating finger food! She loves to feed herself tiny, soft bites of veggies, little bits of banana, and of course, cheerios!
Sophia planned to write a special update today, but my memory card reader isn't working and so we'll wait until we can put up the accompanying photos.
***
So, only four days until Christmas!!! I am really excited for the next few days. Tomorrow Shirmy (the Chinese student who lived with us for 3 years) is coming to our house for dinner, gift exchange and to spend the night. Then Thursday through Sunday we'll be here, there and everywhere celebrating Christ's birth with various family members.
Off to make dinner now. :)

2 comments:
Can't wait to see you!
Can'at wait for the fun!
love,
mom
Post a Comment