A messy, post-dinner kitchen; a sticky, spaghetti-faced little girl; a mostly content baby boy chillin' in the bouncy seat; a Mom, trying to hold it all together and get the kitchen cleaned up before baby boy needs fed, while also trying to keep little girl entertained...
Mom: "Why are there children in costume walking down the street?"
Little Girl: "Are they trick-or-treating?"
Mom: (trying to hold it together so as not to freak out Little Girl, b/c you see, Little Girl's adorable, much anticipated Strawberry Shortcake costume is not ready and requires a trip to Walmart to finish... Quick look at clock reveals 5:57pm, which means, Trick-or-Treat starts in 3 minutues, not 24 hours & 3 minutes, like Mom and Dad thought. Also, there is NO candy in the house to pass out to afore mentioned children in costume - Walmart trip was also going to remedy this later tonight. WHAT TO DO???) "It looks like it's Trick-or-Treat tonight, not tomorrow night like Mommy and Daddy thought! (why oh why does Daddy have to be at work right now???)
Well, as life would have it, Riley started to squal at the exact moment I started scurrying about to throw together some sort of costume for Sophia. Well, about 10 minutes, one pair of white tights, one pair of white glittery leggings, one long sleeved white shirt (it was cold outside!), one pair of pink sparkly shoes, one crazy frilly dress-up dress, one white winter vest, one pink headband, one pair of pink wings and some glittery play make-up and of course the pink Easter bucket to collect candy with later, we have, tada!!! um... a, um, Fairy Princess?? No, a Winter Fairy Princess!!! That's right, that's what Mommy meant to create all along!!! :)
Well, thankfully our dear neighbors were out with their kiddos and agreed to let Soph tag along so I could stay home to nurse Riley. Soph had a blast and a totally great attitude. She very calmly said, "I can be Strawberry Shortcake next year!" Oh, and she totally caught me eating her candy after she went to bed, but there are no witnesses (Riley doesn't count)...
Without further ado.. her she is! Our very own Winter Fairy Princess!
4 comments:
Awww, at least you could step in and be creative. Hey, give yourself some slack, you have a new baby! I do some odd things when I'm alone and busy too! :)
Amy
She is adorable!!!!! :) You are so creative dear sister! I probably would have pulled the blinds and said there wasn't anything going on! :) :) I also marvel at Sophia's attitude. It is a true testament to the wonderful parenting she has had! Kudos to you and Jamie on that one! Love you! *hug*
Better late (and creative) than never (and dull) - although I'm not sure how it could be never and dull all at once. She looked very wintery AND princessy. And I'd know. I've been to Disney World, land of princesses galore. :)
Ruthie, you are an amazing mom!
love,
mommy!
Post a Comment