Sophia has been a fan of Little House on the Prairie (LH), via the tv show and a few revised, shorter for younger kids, LH books, for a couple years now. I recently bought her "Little House in the Big Woods," on CD for her. This is the first book in the LH series. We listened to the whole thing in the car this past week on our way to my sister's house. Well... I wasn't sure if she was really listening to it or not, but soon found out she was!
The whole time we were at my sister's, she was playing LH. She was Laura, I was Mary, Jamie was Pa, Riley was baby Carrie, Jeni was Ma and David was Mr. Edwards - Oh! and Molly was Jack, the bulldog. It was so hilarious. She pretended that their closed in porch was the Little House and Jeni's actual house was "outside." She stayed in character, and expected us to as well, all weekend! She would correct me if I called Riley a he, "No, Mom, baby Carrie is a girl." She would correct us if we called Molly Molly, "No, that's Jack." I've been called Mary now for 4 days straight. It's so fun to see her imagine and play, even if she pulls us into it, whether we like it or not! :)
Well, last night at her ballet class I encouraged her to ask the other little girl's names and introduce herself. She did and all was well. When we got home Jamie was asking her about class. She was telling him all the names of the little girls, "Lauren, Riley, Clara, ... Laura."
Me: "Uh, Soph, there was no little girl named Laura in your class."
Sophia: "Uh-huh! Me!"
Oh dear. I have no idea if she actually told people that was her name or not. We then had a little conversation about not playing LH outside in public... :)
Ruthie :)
2 comments:
I love her so much and I am still laughing!
love,
mom
That is a really cute story Ruthie! Reminds me of something my preschoolers would say or do!
Post a Comment