"You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me." Psalm 139:5
The Adventures of our family - told through the eyes of Ruthie, the wife and mommy.

Monday, February 16, 2009

Recent Soph-isms

"Mommy, I have a spantacular idea!"

"That most definitely hurt!" - after receiving a spanking.

the most gentle kiss to my lips - given to me after I told Soph I was not feeling well, again.

"But Mommy, I want to read about Jesus! I need to read about Jesus. I want to see Jesus!" - Last night, my throat hurt so bad I told Soph I couldn't read her bedtime Bible story. This quote was her literal cry. I couldn't resist. I read to her...

"I like snakes, because my mommy does not like snakes. And it is trick or treat and I like snakes because my mommy does not like snakes. My daddy does not like snakes, and my brother does not like snakes. So, I like snakes. I gave myself a smiley face." - Sophia was comentating about what she was 'writing' and drawing. In case you don't know, I HATE snakes, even pictures of snakes. I am unreasonably afraid of them. So, it would go to figure that my daughter would be obsessed with them.

Ruthie :)

2 comments:

Jeni said...

Should I give Sophia the suggestion of putting on all her underwear before she gets a spanking? Or, maybe she can start laughing? :) :) :) These are hilarious, as always! :)

Anonymous said...

So funny!'
love, mom