Last night a friend of mine, who happens to be a more seasoned Mom than me (her oldest is about 20 and her youngest is 10ish), invited some of her Mommy-friends over for what she said was coffee. Well, when I arrived at her house last night, after the kids were in bed and hubby was holding down the fort, I was welcomed to a beautiful table, with a CLOTH table cloth, candles, real china tea cups and dessert plates, coffee, tea, a yummy cake and some homemade chocolates! She can have me for "coffee" anytime! :)
In addition to spending the evening with our hostess, one of my dear, "local," friends was there, and I got to meet 3 new moms. It was such a wonderful evening of fellowship, encouragement and laughter. We're planning on doing it again in March.
I feel so blessed to have been invited and ministered to in such a special way. Being a stay-at-home mom with small children brings with it so many challanges, one of which is the feeling of lonliness for adult company and the feeling of isolation. Last night fed my soul! It was totally out of the blue and unexpected, but when she invited me yesterday morning, I couldn't pass it up! I'm so glad I went and looking forward to gathering with these ladies again.
It was an unexpected blessing initiated and carried out by a woman of God, following His lead.
When's the last time you were blessed by someone, unexpectedly, because they responded to God's lead?
When's the last time you blessed someone else because you responded to God's leading??
Ruthie :)
2 comments:
I was blessed last night because my friend responded to God's call to challenge me. (See my blog)
I hope I bless her (and my family) by the cards I sent them in the mail this week.
Ruthie, that was so nice! what a great idea!
love,
mom
Post a Comment