Happy Valentine's Day Everyone! I love this day. Do you know the history behind this day? It's pretty neat and I love a day devoted to loving those around me. Our family has dubbed this day as a special family day. Jamie especially loves spoiling his girls on Valentine's Day and is excited to teach Riley how to join in!
This Valentine's is going to be a little different. A few weeks ago I was asked to pray about being the speaker at a young women's retreat, sponsored by the Religious Life Department here at our local university. When I found out it was on Valentine's Day I figured Jamie wouldn't want me to except. As I pondered this, I started to actually feel relieved. You see, speaking to young women is a passion of mine, but I had this sneaky feeling that God was going to use this as a way to teach me and grow me. That freaks me out, to be frank, so I was starting to be thankful that my husband wouldn't dare let me ruin our family day to spend the weekend at some campground ministering to young college women. I was even starting to imagine how lovingly he'd look at me when I joyfully submitted to his will!
Well... little did I know. My friend, who happens to be the retreat coordinator, called a couple weeks ago to ask if I'd made my decision. I told her I needed to talk to Jamie and I'd call her right back. Expecting Jamie to say no, I told him more about the retreat and asked his opinion. My mouth was already forming the words, "It's okay honey, I didn't really want to do it anyways. I would never want to miss out on our family day. Maybe next time," - when what do my ears hear??? "Ruthie, I think you should do this, in fact, I think you must do this. Also, I want you to go for the whole weekend, and I want you to leave Riley home. I'll be fine with both kids and you can have the whole weekend to yourself." "Uh, okay... um, that's great. Thanks honey..." :)
So, I'm facing my fears and I'm doing it. Pray for me. I'm giving two messages today and I feel so burdened that the Lord uses me to impact these young girls.
I'm feeling so loved by my husband today and praying I can impart some love to these special girls this weekend. I'll be back to post on Monday.
Happy Lovin' Day!
Ruthie :)
3 comments:
Great story of how God has "His Ways" of getting us to do what needs to be done. May God use in mighty ways this weekend. After all, you are spreading God's love, what a great way to celebrate Valentine's Day!
Isn't it great to have a husband that is a man of God and knows what is best for you, AND tells you in a very loving way? Ruthie, I know that God used you in a very mighty way this weekend!!
love,
mom
Can't wait to hear how it went!
Post a Comment