So, today Jamie came home for his lunch break while she was resting. I was on the couch, resting myself. Out comes Soph, because she heard Jamie come in the door. Her face was all shiny and goopy looking. Apparantly, she'd smeared my chapstick all over her forehead, eyebrows and cheeks. Jamie kindly dealt with that one, and came out laughing because while he was dealing with it, Sophia asked him if he thought it was cool that she'd also smeared my chapstick all down her leg and onto her foot.
Nice. Now, you might think I immediately threw that chapstick away. You'd be mistaken. I have a habit folks, a bad one. Yes, my name is Ruthie Abrusci, and I'm a chapstickaholic. I have no back up tubes right now, so, I've resorted to using the tainted one. Pitiful, I know.
At dinner tonight, Sophia and I were talking about our names. I was telling her how I used to be Ruthie Reynolds and how one day when she got married she would no longer be Sophia Abrusci, but would take the last name of her husband. This is the conversation that immediately ensued...
Me: So, one day you won't be Sophia Abrusci, but you'll take the last name of your husband.
Sophia (bells going off in her head): Mom, what is Joseph's last name?
Me: Montieth
Sophia: So, I'll be Sophia Montieth!!!
Me: Why do you want to marry Joseph, Sophia?
Sophia: Because, he's my friend.
Me: What do you think will make Joseph a good husband?
Sophia: Well, I know that he buys me a lot of jewelry.
End of conversation, enough said! :)
(FYI - Joseph is the 5 yr. old son of some very dear friends of ours. He bought her play jewelry when Riley was born and they played wedding. She's held strong now for quite some time that she's going to marry him...)
Ruthie :)
2 comments:
That is so precious about Josh! You'll have to keep this one close just in case!!! And, you ARE a chapstickaholic!!!! :) :) Admittance is the first step! I laughed hard at my niece. She's a hoot! :) I love you dear sister and can't wait to see you!!!! Maybe this weekend????? :)
This one is so funny! Love the picture, too.
love,
mom
Post a Comment