"You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me." Psalm 139:5
The Adventures of our family - told through the eyes of Ruthie, the wife and mommy.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Which one did she watch?

I took a nap this morning while Riley slept. I let Sophia watch a movie while her brother and I napped. That movie was Bambi. She'd never seen it before, and was very excited to watch it. I was so tired, I sort of forgot/chose to forget that there were some sad/scary parts and maybe I shouldn't let her watch it alone, at least not the first time. What can I say? I'm an awesome Mom. :)

Anyways, when I was awoken from my very deep nap, to "Mom, Bambi is over and Riley is awake." I, of course, thought Sophia was saying, "Grammy is over and Riley is awake." WHAT! GRAMMY IS OVER! DOES THAT MEAN AUNT JENI IS IN LABOR AND WE'RE HEADING TO MICHIGAN NOW??? (that was what was screaming in my head as I was in my just barely awake stupor) Oh, wait, Bambi is over, NOT Grammy! Jeni is not in labor. All is well. Whew. Okay.

So, this conversation happened shortly after...

Me: Did you like "Bambi?"
Sophia: YES! But... there were some scary parts in it.
Me: And some sad parts, right?
Sophia: No.
Me: Didn't Bambi's Mom die?
Sophia: No.
Me: Oh, was it Bambi's Dad that died?
Sophia: No, nobody died.
Me: Oh. Did you wish I'd been with you to watch the movie?
Sophia: No.

Didn't some deer die?????

On another Sophia note... She just drew something while I was typing this post and was attempting to hang it up...

Sophia: Mom, I can't get this to hang on the umbilical board.
Me: That's bulletin board sweetie.
Sophia: Oh, okay.

[Okay, you can get back to your TV show now Paul. :) ]


Ruthie :)

3 comments:

Jeni said...

What movie did she watch or did she just miss that Bambi's mom dies???? Sorry for the false alarm, although I guess you only have your sleepy mind to blame! :) I wish it had been true! :) :) Love you!!! See you tomorrow for sure! Shall we show Sophia what the umbilical cord really is? :)

Anonymous said...

Sophie is soooooooo funny!
c-ya tomorrow!
love,
mom

Anonymous said...

Nice! I will be sure to read this to Paul as soon as he gets home (and turns on the tv of course)!!!