"You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me." Psalm 139:5
The Adventures of our family - told through the eyes of Ruthie, the wife and mommy.

Thursday, May 21, 2009

How Does He Love Me?

Well, let's see... does watching "The Babysitter's Club" Movie, circa 1995, with me tonight on Netflix count?? :) It does in my book. :)

I used to read any "Babysitter's Club" book I could get my hands on. Ann M. Martin, the author, somehow churned these suckers out at a record rate! I stopped reading them sometime in junior high school, so by the time this movie came out I was "so over them!" HA! :) At any rate, I had no idea there was a movie based on these books. I came across it on Netflix the other night and tonight I half-jokingly told Jamie I wanted to watch it. We couldn't find anything else, so he said he was game. It just finished, and boy was it a gem. :) I think my favorite parts were the cheesy junior high romance plot lines and the fact that the mean girl that tempted Stephanie, on Full House, to disobey her Dad all the time, was the protagonist! Can you say type casted?

It sure took me back though, to a time in my life when I'd borrow tons of books from the library every Friday or Saturday and do nothing but read all weekend. I miss having the time to read books that much, and it was fun to watch this movie and remember all the characters I used to know so well.

Did you ever read books from "The Babysitter's Club" series?


2 comments:

Jeni said...

I remember your loving those books! :)

Jenny said...

I've been in absentia for a few weeks, but I enjoyed getting caught up on your blog today! :)