"You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me." Psalm 139:5
The Adventures of our family - told through the eyes of Ruthie, the wife and mommy.

Monday, May 18, 2009

Not Me!

UPDATE: MckMama just posted her "Not Me" post and once that happens, all who join in are able to post links to their own "Not Me" posts on their blogs. Well, for the first time I've joined in. If you visit MckMama's Blog and scroll down you'll see where a bunch of others have posted links to their blogs. I'm #28!



Every Monday (or so), over at MckMama's blog , there is a bit of a free therapeutic session, courtesy of what she likes to call, Not Me Monday! Head on over and check it out. Here are some things I totally DID NOT do this week.

I definitely didn't just put a towel over the wet spot on Sophia's bed, when she had an accident in the middle of the night, and let her sleep on it till morning. What kind of mother would do that? Certainly NOT ME!

I also didn't find myself totally relieved (because this SO did not happen to me) the other day at the library, that I was wearing Riley in the sling - thus offering me some extra coverage... because I would NEVER inadvertently leave the house with both of my nursing "hatches," shall we say, down and not clipped up in place. What kind of embarrassing absentmindedness do you think I commit, anyways??

And lastly, I have this "friend," who was lamenting how out of shape and old she was feeling... her evidence?? Totally huffing and puffing her way through mowing the front lawn, going to sleep at 8:00 PM one night this week, and sleeping all the way through until 8:00 AM the next morning, and then, while swinging with her kiddos, getting totally motion-sick! What, you say? That sounds like a cloaked confession??? NO WAY! NOT ME! I would never do those things... I am, after-all, the picture of cardiovascular health, have amazing sleep habits (and would never need to go to bed right after the kids to catch up), and the thought of getting motion-sick from a simple swing ride? laughable! - especially when one realizes how much I love roller-coasters and adventure in general! So, you see, this was definitely all my "friend," and NOT ME!

or was it???

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny, Ruthie!
I understand about the Not me moments!
love,
mom

Heather said...

So funny! I've never put a towel (or two for large spots) over an accident spot either :)

Jeni said...

I remember Mom and Dad doing the towel trick. :)

Lori said...

I like your Not ME moments, this was my first time adding a blog button and playing the game too, it was fun but took a lot of time for me to get my second one to sound interesting. Seems like we're following the same blogs.