"You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me." Psalm 139:5
The Adventures of our family - told through the eyes of Ruthie, the wife and mommy.

Wednesday, August 05, 2009

I'll Do It Myself, Thank You Very Much

Now that Riley's almost one, he gets a little moody at meal time if we try to feed him his food. So... even though I knew he would get really messy, I let him self-feed when we had lasagna the other night. The "mess factor" is usually my motivation for wanting to feed him certain meals, because, come on, who really wants to have to practically bathe their child three times a day?? Not I! Though, come to think of it... Riley adores the bath, so maybe that's what motivates him to act grumpy when we try to feed him, knowing if he gets us to give in and gets really messy he might score a bath... hmmmm... I mean, he did get a bath after the lasagna meal...





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Riley is so cute!
love, mom

Jeni said...

Hey, you ain't raisin' no dummies! :)