"You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me." Psalm 139:5
The Adventures of our family - told through the eyes of Ruthie, the wife and mommy.

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Project Number Two

This is a black frame I have hanging in my entry way.

This is another really nice frame I already owned, but it was brown. I wanted to hang this frame in my entry way as well, and I wanted it to match the one already hanging. Enter stage right - spray paint!

All it took was taking apart my brown frame (i.e. removing the back, the matte, the glass and the hangers) and over the course of a day or two applying black spray paint. I took it slow and easy so as to avoid drips. I think it turned out great! Funny thing is, I should say all it cost me was a can of spray paint, but it didn't even cost me that! My Dad was here a couple of weeks ago and was doing a project for us. Instead of replacing our entryway light fixture, I asked him to simply spray paint the base black. He did, it looks great, and all it cost him, was a can of spray paint... which, he left at our house and I took the liberty to use on my frame project! Thanks Dad! :)

Here the frames are next to each other. The newly painted one (all reassembled with loaded with pictures) actually still looks sort of brown in this shot, but I promise it's black!

And, the finished product, up on the wall... sort of. I don't have the proper size of nail, so it's actually not up on the wall yet. That's right, half-finished projects, that's how we roll around here.

I'm really happy with my free frame makeover. Spray paint is a wonderful way to make old things new, or just simply different!

Have you ever changed something with a simple coat or two of spray paint? Any other cost-effective "make-over" tips you'd like to share?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've given up on spray paint. It always drips and looks terrible. Maybe I need to be more "slow and steady" like you! The frame looks great! - Rachel

Anonymous said...

very nice!
love,
mom