"You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me." Psalm 139:5
The Adventures of our family - told through the eyes of Ruthie, the wife and mommy.

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

We Are Here-We Are Here-We Are Here!!!

Do you know the story of Horton Hears a Who?? At the end the Whos have to all yell, in one accord, as loudly as they can, WE ARE HERE, WE ARE HERE, WE ARE HERE! See, Horton believes that the Whos exist, but the crazy Kangaroo doesn't, and she's out to destroy the "speck on a clover." Well, we're not really living on a speck on a clover, protected by a kind elephant, but since some of you may be wondering, I wanted to send out a loud, WE ARE HERE, WE ARE HERE, WE ARE HERE! I know it's been almost a week since I've posted, but we are here and we're doing fine. It's just a hectic time for us right now, and blogging hasn't made it on the priority list most days.

This past week, we've seen our first really hot summer weather. Usually we're well versed in the heat and humidity by August, so, it's been nice to have cool, mild weather most of this summer.

Riley has been showing his will more than ever this week. He's almost one, and I guess around this age babies start to realize they can make choices. He's still not walking, but Sophia did get him to take a few steps the other day when she tied all of his pacis to a ribbon and enticed him to follow her after them!

Sophia is doing great and continues to simply adore playing outside, especially if our neighbor's kids are out. She declared the other day that her dream was to play, play, play, all day and never have to stop for eating (I mean, seriously, what a boring task meals are when the great outdoors are calling!). I seem to remember another little girl with a similar philosphy... what was her name??? :)

Jamie is currently lying on the floor with heat on his back. He's not even sure how he hurt it. Getting old is rough. :) (Hopefully he won't read that, because I'm actually older than him and he'd be sure to remind me of it!)

Have a great day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Sophie's idea to get her brother to walk!:) Only a sister would think of that.
love,
mom

Jeni said...

BWAH! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! I love it! Reminds me of a carrot infront of a donkey! :) How funny and cute! I have the most hilarious niece and nephew! :) Love them!!!

Anonymous said...

That's right... she is older, but she didn't mention that she was the one who got me the hearing pad and pampered me as always. I love you so much Ruthie. Thanks for taking care of me this morning.