"You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me." Psalm 139:5
The Adventures of our family - told through the eyes of Ruthie, the wife and mommy.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

My Valentine

Jamie surprised me this past Saturday with a date night! These tend to be rare for us, so it's always a special treat. The kiddos were scooted off to Grandma Susie and Papa's to be spoiled for the evening, while Jamie and I went to PF Chang's (for the first time!) to spoil ourselves. :) It was so yummy and just a fabulous date. Thank you Jamie!

Digging in to the much recommended lettuce wrap appetizer.


First bite... yum! It did not disappoint!


Who needs the Great W@ll of China when you can have the Great Wall of Chocolate! My favorite part was the strawberry sauce that went with it. What a great pairing!


I made Jamie take a silly picture with food going in his mouth since I had done so with the lettuce wraps. :)


Valentine's Weekend, 2010


Valentine's Weekend, 2003
(I apologize for the awful quality of this picture. Our scanner is on the fritz and so this is a picture of a picture.)

This is our Senior year of University. I was 22, and Jamie was 21. During Christmas break, just a few weeks earlier, we connected on a new level (we'd been "church/youth group" friends since we were 16), as in, when he greeted me the last Sunday of our Christmas break in church my heart raced and flip-flopped. I had a crush!!! I found out much later that Jamie had had a crush on me since we'd met. :) At any rate, we had two "just friends" outings the second half of January, and the feelings just grew each day! The first weekend of February Jamie asked me to be his girlfriend and told me his intentions were to pray and seek the Lord about us pursuing marriage (what a man! God knew I needed a man who could communicate clearly and tell me just what he was thinking. No games in this relationship!). So, on Valentine's Weekend I went to his University (We attended separate schools, so all of our dating was done on weekends.) and this weekend we held hands for the first time (watching a campus-wide movie at the Student Center - "My Big Fat Greek Wedding") and later he told me he loved me. I knew Jamie, and I knew this was yet another confirmation of his intentions towards me. He liked me, he really liked me, and he wanted to marry me! :) Two months later he proposed and and just shy of four months later, we were wed! He was my Valentine in 2003 and he is my Valentine today. Oh how I love him.



1 comment:

Jeni said...

OH! How sweet!!!!!!! I love your luuuuuuv story! :) Glad you enjoyed the lettuce wraps and great wall of cake! It IS the best! :)