A couple of years ago Jamie and I decided to start a new tradition in our family. We decided we would make Valentine's Day a special family day. We love to spoil each other with little gifts and a special breakfast. It's so fun to have a great excuse to celebrate the love we have for each other. I think it's also beneficial for our kids to see their Mommy and Daddy loving on each other - gives them a lot of security! And who doesn't like to have a reason to spoil their kiddos?? So, this year we started the day out with a breakfast of donuts and OJ and a little exchange of gifts and cards. Jamie, of course, spoiled us girls the most - and he would say, "As it should be!" Here are some pictures of the kiddos enjoying our special morning.
Sophia, smiling ear-to-ear. She received pink roses from Daddy and a fun straw-cup from Mommy, among other little treats.
Riley got a new book from Daddy, a race-car from his sister and a play cell phone from Mommy. His new favorite word is "Wow!" and that was his exclamation upon finding gifts at the breakfast table!
Jamie knew just what kind of donut Sophia would love. Pink and sprinkles!
Chowing down!
"Hey Mom, where is my donut??"
"Ah! Yum, thank you dear Mother!" :)
He's a happy boy!

All decked out in pink and matching her doll, Natalie - waiting to leave for church.
"Yes, Mom, I know I look super dapper, but are all these pictures necessary?"

This picture is a bit blurry, but I just love how they are sitting together so nicely, and even holding hands! Melted my heart.
It was a fun day and we all ate too many sweets, but that's part of the joy. :)
3 comments:
So very cute! :) I love your creativity! Don't be offended if we copy from you guys from time to time! :) hey! It's my turn! :) You copied me a lot while growing up! ;) :) :) :) Love you!!!!
I give my full blessing for you to copy! It's so fun to make holidays like this extra special when you have kids. It brings so much joy, brings us closer as a family and is just plain fun!!! Hey, we're missionary girls, any chance for a party, we're there! :)
I love this! Parties are Fun!!!
I love your creativity!
love,
mom
Post a Comment