When we moved into our house almost three years ago, the front looked very different. All the windows had green awnings and there was a huge awning over the door, connected to cement steps with wrought iron rails and posts. There was also a huge, over-grown bush/hedge on each side of the stoop. None of this was our style, so we slowly dismantled the old to make way for the new. It's definitely a work in progress. We really need new windows and a new front door. That will make the curb appeal, well, much more appealing. :) This fall when our basement was getting worked on the excavators ripped out our old cement steps for us and hauled them away. For months now we've been entering our house by using a very temporary, not so safe, made up step system. This past weekend that ended! My Dad and Jamie worked all day Saturday to build what you see in the picture below. Once the ground thaws they will raise it to deck height and add posts and rails, etc... I love it already, and can't wait to see the finished product! The kids have loved playing on it. Sophia instantly made it a stage and Riley likes to stomp around on it. With some warmer days earlier this week, it was so nice to let them play on the new deck. So thankful for changes, even when they come slowly.
The next few shots are of Riley playing on the deck while eating Ore0s. SO cute, I just had to share them all. :) He takes his cookie-eating very seriously!


4 comments:
I love his boots! :)
YEah! Looks GREAT!!!!!! I love the boots too! :)
Very nice! Remember it is The Little House on the Praire House, too!:)
Love the pictures of our Riley Boy!
love,
mom
Riley is getting so big! The deck looks great too :)
Tell Soph I said "Hi!"
Post a Comment